Adding character to the dining room

After the living room was painted, I thought two rooms of black right next to each other might be a little too much, so I decided to do a board and batten wall treatment in the dining room. I am loving the extra character that it brings to the space. 

ugh! Ran out of wood. One piece more would've completed the entire space. 

Before


Before


Randy taking a little break

Before

We are going to go ahead and refinish the floors.  We could've lived with the distressed look of the bedrooms, but when we pulled up the carpet in the hallway and dining room, they are just too rough.  Sure it's more time and money, but I'm sure in the long run we'll be really happy we did it.  It also gives me an opportunity to choose any color stain that I want.  

I decided to do board and batten in the hallway too. We'll need to patch the floor in this area

Before

Next up is to get the crown moulding in all the rooms that have been painted. 

Comments

Popular Posts